This sweater is based on one worn by the teacher in Mad Man at the end of season 3. I used a braided cable rather than the plain cable used on the original.
- Another sweater made using yarn I frogged from a failure. Another better sweater.
- I really like the yoke. It turned out just like I envisioned
- It worked! Another pattern I made up as I went along, another success (where success = wearable. There are some things that could be better, see below).
- It’s a touch tight in the shoulders. I didn’t get the decrease shaping quite right, I think.
- The collar looks weird if I have the sweater buttoned up all the way
- The button band looks bunchy from the bust up (when buttoned)
Conclusions: I’m going to count this as a win. I wore it out on Mother’s Day and it was nice and toasty in the face of all the wind.